Fernando Torres proud to play for Liverpool
Liverpool: Liverpool forward Fernando Torres said he was delighted to play for the club and vowed to improve his game.
"I`m very proud because when I came from Atletico I just wanted to play some games and see if I could play in a top team like Liverpool," Torres told Liverpool`s official website.
"Now two years later I think I am improving a lot, and I think I can improve a lot yet. I am still young, just 25."
The Spanish forward gave his reaction to signing a contract that ties him to Liverpool until at least 2013, with an optional year on top.
"I`m really happy. I hope I have a lot of seasons to play here," said the Spaniard.
"I`m happy because I went right from Atletico, I had never played in the Champions League before, and Liverpool gave me the opportunity to play against the best teams in the world.”
"I am really happy to sign a new contract with Liverpool and I hope I can sign more contracts in the future here.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt