Ferrari rear wing declared illegal
Barcelona: Ferrari were forced to replace the rear wing on their cars at the Spanish Grand Prix on Saturday after Formula One`s governing body declared it illegal.
"They told us that the concept is not legal," a team spokesman said.
International Automobile Federation (FIA) race director Charlie Whiting had told reporters on Friday the governing body was taking a close look at the new wing brought to the Circuit de Catalunya by the Italian team.
"It`s a very clever interpretation of the rules and we`ve got to decide whether we think it`s a good interpretation of the rules," he had said.
The decision was a blow for Ferrari`s double world champion Fernando Alonso, who will be racing in front of his home crowd on Sunday.
The Italian team are third in the overall standings, 83 points behind champions and leaders Red Bull.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!