FIA delegation to meet Patel on Monday
New Delhi: A delegation of the apex industry
body of scheduled carriers will meet Civil Aviation Minister
Praful Patel on Monday to press for lowering taxes on jet fuel
and airport charges, which at the current rates are harming
A meeting of a delegation of the Federation of Indian
Airlines (FIA) will take place two days after Patel met Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh and briefed him on the issues
plaguing the civil aviation sector.
At the meeting, the Prime Minister lent a "sympathetic"
ear to the problems faced by the aviation industry.
When the Union Cabinet meets next Thursday, Patel is
expected to make a detailed presentation on the concerns of
the civil aviation sector, the sources said.
They said the Civil Aviation Ministry is likely to
suggest setting up a Group of Ministers to resolve the
problems faced by the aviation industry, especially on account
of high taxes on jet fuel, in a time-bound manner.
The FIA had earlier given a call for a strike to protest
against high taxes on jet fuel and airport charges, but
withdrew it later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’