FICCI Global Summit to open vistas for Indian sports market
New Delhi: With a slew of international sporting events lined up in the country, FICCI is organising a mega convention -- Global Summit – Turf 2009 -- here this month to explore the untapped sponsorship market in India.
The December 15-16 summit will bring to fore the opportunities and challenges for Indian sports industry, the value of marketing, investment, sports science and medicines and the creation and management of infrastructure.
"The idea of the summit is to bring together sports industry conglomerates from across the world, global sports media, a strong contingent of Indian government officials and have a dialogue to share and learn the best global sports practices," FICCI Sports committee chairman Atul Singh said.
"According to FICCI estimates, there is a huge untapped sponsorship market estimated at USD 300 million a year and TV rights market of USD 400 million, apart from opportunities arising out of demand of infrastructure and management," Singh, who is also the President of Coca Cola India, added.
The summit gains importance as India is set to host a slew of sporting extravaganzas like the World Cup Hockey, Commonwealth Games in 2010, World Cup Cricket and Formula 1 championship in 2011.
The event will be inaugurated by Sport Minister MS Gill and will be attended by dignitaries like Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, IOA president Suresh Kalmadi, IOA general secretary Randhir Singh, British High Commissioner in India Sir Richard Stagg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people