FICCI seeks more sops to bolster economy
New Delhi: Industry body FICCI today sought
more fiscal sops in the 2010-11 budget to prop up the economy.
In a pre-budget meeting with revenue secretary P V
Bhide, a Federatation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and
Industry delegation asked the finance ministry to tread with
caution on rolling back the stimulus measures taken to spur
It suggested that the Reserve Bank of India should not
restrain liquidity as it would hurt the economic recovery
which is still at a nascent stage.
"While we are conscious of the problem of high fiscal
deficit, we feel that the government can resume back to FRBM
target. Once again after the economy has recovered well from
the ongoing crisis," FICCI President Harsh Pati Singhania told
The fiscal sops asked by Ficci include retaining the peak
custom duty to 10 per cent, applying peak rate of personal
income tax to an annual income of Rs 10 lakh in a year and
raising income tax concessions for housing loans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what