FIFA ban, fine ex-co members over corruption charges
ZURICH : FIFA executive committee members Amos Adamu and Reynald Temarii were banned from all soccer activities and fined on Thursday after an investigation into allegations that they had offered to sell their votes ahead of the decision for World Cup 2018 and 2022 hosting rights.
However, a further claim from the British newspaper The Sunday Times that some bidding countries were guilty of collusion before the Dec. 2 vote in Zurich was dismissed by the sport`s governing body.
Nigerian Adamu was banned for three years and Temarii of Tahiti one by FIFA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out