FIFA ban, fine ex-co members over corruption charges
ZURICH : FIFA executive committee members Amos Adamu and Reynald Temarii were banned from all soccer activities and fined on Thursday after an investigation into allegations that they had offered to sell their votes ahead of the decision for World Cup 2018 and 2022 hosting rights.
However, a further claim from the British newspaper The Sunday Times that some bidding countries were guilty of collusion before the Dec. 2 vote in Zurich was dismissed by the sport`s governing body.
Nigerian Adamu was banned for three years and Temarii of Tahiti one by FIFA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- England vs Pakistan: 2nd Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Erdogan says EU `biased and prejudiced` towards Turkey after coup bid
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader appeals sentence
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days