FIFA ban, fine ex-co members over corruption charges
ZURICH : FIFA executive committee members Amos Adamu and Reynald Temarii were banned from all soccer activities and fined on Thursday after an investigation into allegations that they had offered to sell their votes ahead of the decision for World Cup 2018 and 2022 hosting rights.
However, a further claim from the British newspaper The Sunday Times that some bidding countries were guilty of collusion before the Dec. 2 vote in Zurich was dismissed by the sport`s governing body.
Nigerian Adamu was banned for three years and Temarii of Tahiti one by FIFA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah