FII inflow in stock markets cross $6-bn mark
New Delhi: In a sign of confidence in the
Indian markets, Foreign Institutional Investors pumped in over
six billion dollar, or about Rs 29,940 crore this year, with
over one billion dollar coming in July alone.
An analysis of FIIs activity shows that overseas
investors are the net purchasers of Indian stocks worth USD 6.18
billion (Rs 29,940.30 crore) from January to July this
According to the data with the Securities and Exchange
Board of India, FIIs were the gross buyer of shares worth Rs
2,98,675.70 crore while they sold equities valued at Rs
2,68,735.30 crore, resulting in a net inflow of Rs 29,940.30
crore (USD 6.18 billion).
In July, FIIs made a net investment of Rs 5,637 (USD 1.16 mn) in the domestic equity markets, showing their
confidence in an emerging market like India.
Significantly, during the same period, the Bombay Stock
Exchange`s barometer Sensex has lost nearly two percent.
However, it seems that the overseas investors are still
skeptic about debt market as they have not turned into net
investor in this segment this year.
Till now, FIIs are the net seller of debts worth Rs 973.60
crore (USD 151 million), even as the overseas investors
infused Rs 4,485.10 crore (USD 932 million) so far in July,
the SEBI data said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price