FII inflow in stock markets cross $6-bn mark
New Delhi: In a sign of confidence in the
Indian markets, Foreign Institutional Investors pumped in over
six billion dollar, or about Rs 29,940 crore this year, with
over one billion dollar coming in July alone.
An analysis of FIIs activity shows that overseas
investors are the net purchasers of Indian stocks worth USD 6.18
billion (Rs 29,940.30 crore) from January to July this
According to the data with the Securities and Exchange
Board of India, FIIs were the gross buyer of shares worth Rs
2,98,675.70 crore while they sold equities valued at Rs
2,68,735.30 crore, resulting in a net inflow of Rs 29,940.30
crore (USD 6.18 billion).
In July, FIIs made a net investment of Rs 5,637 (USD 1.16 mn) in the domestic equity markets, showing their
confidence in an emerging market like India.
Significantly, during the same period, the Bombay Stock
Exchange`s barometer Sensex has lost nearly two percent.
However, it seems that the overseas investors are still
skeptic about debt market as they have not turned into net
investor in this segment this year.
Till now, FIIs are the net seller of debts worth Rs 973.60
crore (USD 151 million), even as the overseas investors
infused Rs 4,485.10 crore (USD 932 million) so far in July,
the SEBI data said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India