FIIs infuse Rs 1,000 crore in Indian stock markets
Mumbai: Foreign institutional investors on Monday
made a heavy investment of over Rs 1,000 crore in the Indian
stock markets, helping the key indices to touch their highest
levels in more than a year.
Overseas investors were the gross buyer of shares worth
Rs 3,001.63 crore, while they sold equities worth Rs 1,941.21
crore, resulting in a net investment of Rs 1,060.62 crore,
according to the provisional data with the Bombay Stock
Domestic institutional investors were also bullish about
market and made a net investment of Rs 149.96 crore.
On Friday, FIIs were the net seller of shares worth Rs
56.90 crore, as per the latest data with the market regulator
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
However, non-resident Indians and brokers on behalf of
their clients, booked profit and in total sold shares worth
Rs 289.89 crore, according to the BSE data.
Proprietors followed FIIs and and purchased shares worth
Rs 97.56 crore.
For the first time this year, BSE benchmark Sensex closed
above 16,000 points on a strong rally sparked by positive
global cues and improved rain in many parts of the country.
The National Stock Exchange`s 50-share Nifty also closed
at its highest level since May 30, 2008 at 4,782.90 points.
The 30-share Sensex closed the day at more than 15-month
high of 16,016.32, a rise of 327.20 points, or 2.09 per cent,
over its previous close. Nifty gained 102.50 points to close
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?