FIIs infuse Rs 1,000 crore in Indian stock markets
Mumbai: Foreign institutional investors on Monday
made a heavy investment of over Rs 1,000 crore in the Indian
stock markets, helping the key indices to touch their highest
levels in more than a year.
Overseas investors were the gross buyer of shares worth
Rs 3,001.63 crore, while they sold equities worth Rs 1,941.21
crore, resulting in a net investment of Rs 1,060.62 crore,
according to the provisional data with the Bombay Stock
Domestic institutional investors were also bullish about
market and made a net investment of Rs 149.96 crore.
On Friday, FIIs were the net seller of shares worth Rs
56.90 crore, as per the latest data with the market regulator
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
However, non-resident Indians and brokers on behalf of
their clients, booked profit and in total sold shares worth
Rs 289.89 crore, according to the BSE data.
Proprietors followed FIIs and and purchased shares worth
Rs 97.56 crore.
For the first time this year, BSE benchmark Sensex closed
above 16,000 points on a strong rally sparked by positive
global cues and improved rain in many parts of the country.
The National Stock Exchange`s 50-share Nifty also closed
at its highest level since May 30, 2008 at 4,782.90 points.
The 30-share Sensex closed the day at more than 15-month
high of 16,016.32, a rise of 327.20 points, or 2.09 per cent,
over its previous close. Nifty gained 102.50 points to close
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’