FIIs infuse Rs 1,000 crore in Indian stock markets
Mumbai: Foreign institutional investors on Monday
made a heavy investment of over Rs 1,000 crore in the Indian
stock markets, helping the key indices to touch their highest
levels in more than a year.
Overseas investors were the gross buyer of shares worth
Rs 3,001.63 crore, while they sold equities worth Rs 1,941.21
crore, resulting in a net investment of Rs 1,060.62 crore,
according to the provisional data with the Bombay Stock
Domestic institutional investors were also bullish about
market and made a net investment of Rs 149.96 crore.
On Friday, FIIs were the net seller of shares worth Rs
56.90 crore, as per the latest data with the market regulator
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
However, non-resident Indians and brokers on behalf of
their clients, booked profit and in total sold shares worth
Rs 289.89 crore, according to the BSE data.
Proprietors followed FIIs and and purchased shares worth
Rs 97.56 crore.
For the first time this year, BSE benchmark Sensex closed
above 16,000 points on a strong rally sparked by positive
global cues and improved rain in many parts of the country.
The National Stock Exchange`s 50-share Nifty also closed
at its highest level since May 30, 2008 at 4,782.90 points.
The 30-share Sensex closed the day at more than 15-month
high of 16,016.32, a rise of 327.20 points, or 2.09 per cent,
over its previous close. Nifty gained 102.50 points to close
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy