Fiorentina slam Italy over Prandelli appointment
Milan: Fiorentina have heavily criticised the Italian soccer federation and coach Cesare Prandelli for not telling them he had agreed to manage Italy.
The federation said on Sunday the Fiorentina boss would replace Marcello Lippi as Italy coach after the World Cup on a four-year deal.
"Up to today, the club has still not been informed by anybody," the Serie A side said in a statement.
"We heard about it only from the federation website and media reports. We believe this behaviour shows a serious lack of respect to the club and our fans."
Fiorentina had been aware that Prandelli was talking to the federation because last week the Florence club contacted former Catania coach Sinisa Mihajlovic about possibly succeeding the 52-year-old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Omar Abdullah rubbishes Mehbooba Mufti's claim, says ''she was aware of security encounter with Wani''
- Mainpuri Dalit couple murder: Akhilesh govt assures speedy justice to victim's kin
- Church attacker threatened France in new video
- Australian PM says won't back former leader Rudd for top UN job
- Hillary Clinton unfit to lead US; our way of life is under threat from radical Islam: Donald Trump