FIR against Congress leader Digvijay Singh for deriving undue benefits
Bhopal, Feb 17: The Madhya Pradesh Bureau of
Investigation for Economic Offences has registered a First
Information Report (FIR) against 12 persons including former
State Chief Minister, Digvijay Singh for allegedly deriving
undue benefits from the promotion of Treasure Island, a swanky
Mall near Indore.
Apart from Singh, former State Housing Minister Rakesh
Choudhary, Housing Board Chairperson Chandraprabhash Shekhar
and retired IAS oficers - U K Samal, A B Singh and D P Tiwari,
V P Kulshestra, Rakesh Sharma and Ashwin Janvade - are also
included in the FIR.
The FIR also names the promoters of Treasure Island
Manish Kalani, Prem Kalani and Padma Kalani.
The case was lodged on the basis of a complaint by Ramesh
Garg and after preliminary investigation by the EOW, they
found the charges leveled by the complainant to be prima facie
true and therefore the FIR was registered.
Reacting to the FIR, Digvijay Singh said the case smacked
of political vendetta and this was not the first time he had
been implicated in false cases.
When similar attempts were made in the past, the cases
were closed due to lack of evidence, Singh said adding he was
confident this would happen in the present instance too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?