FIR against Congress leader Digvijay Singh for deriving undue benefits
Bhopal, Feb 17: The Madhya Pradesh Bureau of
Investigation for Economic Offences has registered a First
Information Report (FIR) against 12 persons including former
State Chief Minister, Digvijay Singh for allegedly deriving
undue benefits from the promotion of Treasure Island, a swanky
Mall near Indore.
Apart from Singh, former State Housing Minister Rakesh
Choudhary, Housing Board Chairperson Chandraprabhash Shekhar
and retired IAS oficers - U K Samal, A B Singh and D P Tiwari,
V P Kulshestra, Rakesh Sharma and Ashwin Janvade - are also
included in the FIR.
The FIR also names the promoters of Treasure Island
Manish Kalani, Prem Kalani and Padma Kalani.
The case was lodged on the basis of a complaint by Ramesh
Garg and after preliminary investigation by the EOW, they
found the charges leveled by the complainant to be prima facie
true and therefore the FIR was registered.
Reacting to the FIR, Digvijay Singh said the case smacked
of political vendetta and this was not the first time he had
been implicated in false cases.
When similar attempts were made in the past, the cases
were closed due to lack of evidence, Singh said adding he was
confident this would happen in the present instance too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?