FIRs lodged against BSP leaders for threatening engineer
Mainpuri: An FIR was lodged on Saturday against
two local BSP leaders for allegedly threatening an executive engineer with dire consequences if he did not disburse money for a road construction project being handled by the daughter of one of them.
The FIR was lodged on the basis of a complaint by PWD
executive engineer M R Baraya, alleging that local BSP leaders
Kamlesh Kumari and S P Rana with their supporters barged into
his house last night and threatened him and his family with
dire consequences if he continued to withhold payment for the
construction of a road whose contract had been given to
Baraya, an engineer in the provincial division here,
said that Kamlesh Kumari`s daughter had taken the contract for
the construction of the 2-km Mainpuri-Faradpur road in 2008
but he had stopped payment for it because of sub-standard
material being used in its construction.
The two BSP leaders, however, denied the engineer`s
allegation saying the FIRs lodged against them were fake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley