FIRs lodged against BSP leaders for threatening engineer
Mainpuri: An FIR was lodged on Saturday against
two local BSP leaders for allegedly threatening an executive engineer with dire consequences if he did not disburse money for a road construction project being handled by the daughter of one of them.
The FIR was lodged on the basis of a complaint by PWD
executive engineer M R Baraya, alleging that local BSP leaders
Kamlesh Kumari and S P Rana with their supporters barged into
his house last night and threatened him and his family with
dire consequences if he continued to withhold payment for the
construction of a road whose contract had been given to
Baraya, an engineer in the provincial division here,
said that Kamlesh Kumari`s daughter had taken the contract for
the construction of the 2-km Mainpuri-Faradpur road in 2008
but he had stopped payment for it because of sub-standard
material being used in its construction.
The two BSP leaders, however, denied the engineer`s
allegation saying the FIRs lodged against them were fake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'