FIRs lodged against BSP leaders for threatening engineer
Mainpuri: An FIR was lodged on Saturday against
two local BSP leaders for allegedly threatening an executive engineer with dire consequences if he did not disburse money for a road construction project being handled by the daughter of one of them.
The FIR was lodged on the basis of a complaint by PWD
executive engineer M R Baraya, alleging that local BSP leaders
Kamlesh Kumari and S P Rana with their supporters barged into
his house last night and threatened him and his family with
dire consequences if he continued to withhold payment for the
construction of a road whose contract had been given to
Baraya, an engineer in the provincial division here,
said that Kamlesh Kumari`s daughter had taken the contract for
the construction of the 2-km Mainpuri-Faradpur road in 2008
but he had stopped payment for it because of sub-standard
material being used in its construction.
The two BSP leaders, however, denied the engineer`s
allegation saying the FIRs lodged against them were fake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends