First swine flu case detected in Ropar district of Punjab
Ropar: A nine-year-old boy has
become the first case of swine flu in Punjab’s Ropar district.
The boy had returned to his maternal village Behrampur
Zimidara few days back after a tour of Singapore and Malaysia
with his mother and maternal aunt.
He was taken to a private clinic after suffering from
sneezing and cough on July 17 from where he was referred to
Civil Hospital Ropar, Civil Surgeon Arjan Singh Gill said
He was found to be infected with the H1N1 virus after his
samples were tested, Gill said.
The Civil Surgeon said the child has been kept in an
isolation ward in the Civil Hospital Rupnagar and proper
treatment is being given.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended