First swine flu death in Aurangabad; 12 found positive
Aurangabad: A 40-year-old man was the first
victim of swine flu in the Marathwada region as his swab tests
reports that arrived a day after his death at a government-run
hospital here were found positive for H1N1 virus.
According Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH),
Arjun R Maduram of Naregaon village in the district died on
Monday. His swab was sent to NIV for tests, the reports of
which arrived late last night.
The reports confirmed that he was H1N1 infected.
Besides Arjun, an eight-year-old boy, identified as
Bhushan Kale, has been found positive and is undergoing
treatment at the GMCH.
A third person found positive for the virus has not yet
With this, the total number of swine flu patients has
risen to 12 in the hospital. More than 1,200 patients have
undergone screening at the GMCH. Out of the 81 reports
received on Sunday, eight were found H1N1 positive.
The report of a 47-year-old patient, who died yesterday,
is still awaited, the GMCH sources said.
Meanwhile, the swab tests of Vaishali Rahul Mote, the
wife of MLA Rahul Mote from Bhoom-Paranda constituency in
Osmanabad district, also confirmed that she is infected with
H1N1 virus. She has been shifted to Pune for further
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi