Fisher wins first tour title at Czech Open
Prague: Britain`s Oliver Fisher defied his poor form of making only four cuts this season to card two birdies in the final three holes and seal his maiden European Tour victory at the Czech Open.
Fisher fired six birdies in his three-under-par 69, including one shot into a telegraph pole, for a 13-under 72-hole total of 275, two strokes clear of Sweden`s Mikael Lundberg (69) with Paraguay`s Fabrizio Zanotti (66) in third on 279.
"After the year that I`ve had it`s a relief...It just shows what the game of golf can do -- how bad it can be and how great it can be," the 22-year-old Fisher told reporters at the Prosper Golf Resort in Celadna.
"To finally have won it feels like now I`m there. I`ve proven to myself I can win."
Fisher will move into the top-250 in the world rankings from 507th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured