Fisher wins first tour title at Czech Open
Prague: Britain`s Oliver Fisher defied his poor form of making only four cuts this season to card two birdies in the final three holes and seal his maiden European Tour victory at the Czech Open.
Fisher fired six birdies in his three-under-par 69, including one shot into a telegraph pole, for a 13-under 72-hole total of 275, two strokes clear of Sweden`s Mikael Lundberg (69) with Paraguay`s Fabrizio Zanotti (66) in third on 279.
"After the year that I`ve had it`s a relief...It just shows what the game of golf can do -- how bad it can be and how great it can be," the 22-year-old Fisher told reporters at the Prosper Golf Resort in Celadna.
"To finally have won it feels like now I`m there. I`ve proven to myself I can win."
Fisher will move into the top-250 in the world rankings from 507th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH