Five Indian cos among top 15 Asian energy companies
Mumbai: Five Indian companies are among the top 15 Asian energy companies, racing past China which had three companies in the list, according to Platts, a global provider of energy and commodities information.
Platts today announced the 2009 Top 250 Global Energy Company Rankings which included 55 companies from Asia.
The five companies which topped the list are Reliance Industries Ltd, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, Indian Oil Corporation, NTPC Ltd and Bharat Petroleum Corporation.
"2009 was the year for India. While the developed world tightened its purse strings and almost ground to a halt, India`s petroleum sector came out to play ignoring the recession and preparing for the years ahead," Platts Asia`s News Director, Vandana Hari, said in a statement here.
"This is also where India`s path diverged from that of its formidable Asian competitor China. While Beijing went on a major shopping spree for energy assets around the world, India invested in itself," she said.
In total, nine Indian companies featured in the Top 250 list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police