Five-year tax holiday for the hotels in NCR
Chandigarh: The Centre has decided to give a five-year tax holiday to new hotels coming up before March 31 this year in the NCR region to incentivise completion of projects ahead of the Commonwealth Games, Union Secretary of Tourism Sujit Banerjee said.
"This exemption would be given to 2, 3 and 4 Star hotels and not to the 5 Star hotels," Banerjee said in Gurgaon last evening.
The tax holidays are meant to be an incentive for the hotel industry to complete their projects before the Commonwealth Games when an estimated 1 lakh tourists are expected to arrive in India.
For these tourists about 40,000 hotel rooms would be required while there are only about 10,000 hotel rooms in and around Delhi, he said.
He said to fill in the huge gap of about 30,000 rooms, Haryana is chipping in with a commendable 6,700 rooms, the Delhi Development Authority with 2,300 rooms and Uttar Pradesh would provide 2,000 rooms.
In addition about 11,000 hotel rooms would be available from guest houses at Paharganj and Karol Bagh in Delhi and another 3,000 rooms from the bed and breakfast scheme in Delhi and Haryana, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you