Five-year tax holiday for the hotels in NCR
Chandigarh: The Centre has decided to give a five-year tax holiday to new hotels coming up before March 31 this year in the NCR region to incentivise completion of projects ahead of the Commonwealth Games, Union Secretary of Tourism Sujit Banerjee said.
"This exemption would be given to 2, 3 and 4 Star hotels and not to the 5 Star hotels," Banerjee said in Gurgaon last evening.
The tax holidays are meant to be an incentive for the hotel industry to complete their projects before the Commonwealth Games when an estimated 1 lakh tourists are expected to arrive in India.
For these tourists about 40,000 hotel rooms would be required while there are only about 10,000 hotel rooms in and around Delhi, he said.
He said to fill in the huge gap of about 30,000 rooms, Haryana is chipping in with a commendable 6,700 rooms, the Delhi Development Authority with 2,300 rooms and Uttar Pradesh would provide 2,000 rooms.
In addition about 11,000 hotel rooms would be available from guest houses at Paharganj and Karol Bagh in Delhi and another 3,000 rooms from the bed and breakfast scheme in Delhi and Haryana, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow