Fmr Hockey captain Pargat pans "sports mafia" Kalmadi
New Delhi: Former captain Pargat Singh launched a scathing attack on Suresh Kalmadi, calling him a "sports mafia" who is trying to become the Hockey India chief by hook or crook even though the IOA president rubbished the allegation.
Pargat, the Hockey Punjab secretary, also blasted Hockey India for deferring its February 7 election in the wake of a Rajasthan High Court order and alleged Kalmadi was "up to something sinister".
He went to the extent of saying that the situation was better in the era of KPS Gill, who headed the erstwhile Indian Hockey Federation.
Kalmadi, on his part, rubbished the allegations, saying it was Pargat`s "figment of imagination".
"I`m not connected with Hockey India, I have the Commonwealth Games to look after and so I`m not getting into all those things," Kalmadi told reporters.
"It`s all his figment of imagination, I have nothing to say about that," the IOA chief said.
Earlier, Pargat made a stinging attack on Kalmadi, blaming him for postponing Hockey India election on purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing