`Focus on HR sector will help India become developed nation`
New Delhi: Singling out human resource as India`s biggest strength in the quest for economic development, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said focus on the sector would help the country become a developed nation.
Modi said at the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas here that there was an urgent need to build infrastructure on the basis of Public-Public Partnership models to train more teachers.
He also emphasised the need for focusing on comprehensive skill development of the workers to build a powerful knowledge-based Indian society in the 21st century.
The capacity, expertise and knowledge of youth power would hold the key to any development process. The Gujarat government has established several unique universities to ensure inclusive growth through skill development, teachers education, children education, public health education and soft skill development, Modi said.
Listing the achievements of his state, the Gujarat Chief Minister said, in order to upgrade the standards of education and to provide best teachers, the state has started Indian Institute of Teachers` Education.
"For developing expertise in the field of forensic science, a Forensic Science University has been started and for focus on public health care, Gujarat has also established Indian Institute of Public Health with Public Private Partnership (PPP)," he said.
He said Gujarat would soon have a new transport city and new industrial cities in the state.
Holding that while IT held sway in the last decade, the next couple of years would be a boom for environment technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!