Food prices fuel inflation pressures: RBI
Mumbai: Rising food prices are fuelling concerns of broader price pressures in India and the policy challenge is to address the supply-side constraints, a deputy governor at the Reserve Bank of India has said.
"Since supply shocks take time to taper off, there is a risk that high inflation in essential commodities could affect inflation expectations over time and give rise to generalized inflation," Shyamala Gopinath said in a speech delivered in Bangalore on Monday.
The Reserve Bank released her speech on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie