FoP members complete cycling expedition
Chennai:A four-member team of Friends of Police (FoP) from Tamil Nadu has successfully completed a cycling expedition around the country, covering about 15,000
D Mahendran, J Anbuselvan,, V Vinothraj and R Rajaselvam, all in their 20s, cycled through 25 states with the message for the need for public-police partnership and conserving nature.
"They are filing an application for a Lima record for longest expedition along the country`s coastal and territorial borders," the FoPs headquarters here said.
The expedition was flagged off from Chidambaram on May 12 and the returned on October 21, it said.
They were felicitated by Governors of West Bengal and Meghalaya and also called on the senior police brass in various states, FoP said in a release here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet
- Ground reporting reveals shocking facts about Kashmir unrest
- BJP protests against BSP over 'foul language' used for Dayashankar Singh's daughter
- DNA: Analyzing the complete aspect of UNCIP's resolution on Kashmir
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- When hotel staff received complaints about weird noises coming out of Rahul Dravid’s room!
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav backs Dayashankar's ticket-selling allegation against Mayawati
- Jammu & Kashmir violence: DIG South Kashmir, SSP Anantnag transferred
- What an idea! Harbhajan Singh offers Windies bowlers full-proof plan to stop Virat Kohli