For now one dog is enough, Obama tells daughters
Washington: US President Barack Obama on Wednesday joked with his two daughters, Sasha and Malia, that one dog was enough for them, even as he acknowledged their contribution and support in his successful re-election bid.
"And I`m so proud of you guys. But I will say that for now one dog`s probably enough," Obama said amidst laughter.
After his victory in the last election, Obama had promised a dog for his daughters; which is Bo, now known as the `First Dog` of the United States.
"Let me say this publicly: Michelle, I have never loved you more. I have never been prouder to watch the rest of America fall in love with you, too, as our nation`s First Lady," he said, in his victory speech.
"Sasha and Malia, before our very eyes you`re growing up to become two strong, smart beautiful young women, just like your mom," Obama said, as the First Lady and his daughters joined him on the stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez