For now one dog is enough, Obama tells daughters
Washington: US President Barack Obama on Wednesday joked with his two daughters, Sasha and Malia, that one dog was enough for them, even as he acknowledged their contribution and support in his successful re-election bid.
"And I`m so proud of you guys. But I will say that for now one dog`s probably enough," Obama said amidst laughter.
After his victory in the last election, Obama had promised a dog for his daughters; which is Bo, now known as the `First Dog` of the United States.
"Let me say this publicly: Michelle, I have never loved you more. I have never been prouder to watch the rest of America fall in love with you, too, as our nation`s First Lady," he said, in his victory speech.
"Sasha and Malia, before our very eyes you`re growing up to become two strong, smart beautiful young women, just like your mom," Obama said, as the First Lady and his daughters joined him on the stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued