Foreign buy plans still on hold: Bharti Airtel
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel`s overseas acquisition plans are still on hold, its chief executive said on Thursday.
"No change," Manoj Kohli said when asked if the telecoms firm had rethought its overseas expansion plans.
Bharti recently called off the USD 23-billion merger deal with the South African giant MTN.
Sunil Mittal-led Bharti called off discussions with MTN citing the South African government`s rejection of the proposed merger structure, which would have created the world`s third largest telecom company with combined revenues of over USD 20 billion annually and a subscriber base of over 200 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi