Foreign buy plans still on hold: Bharti Airtel
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel`s overseas acquisition plans are still on hold, its chief executive said on Thursday.
"No change," Manoj Kohli said when asked if the telecoms firm had rethought its overseas expansion plans.
Bharti recently called off the USD 23-billion merger deal with the South African giant MTN.
Sunil Mittal-led Bharti called off discussions with MTN citing the South African government`s rejection of the proposed merger structure, which would have created the world`s third largest telecom company with combined revenues of over USD 20 billion annually and a subscriber base of over 200 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar