Foreign buy plans still on hold: Bharti Airtel
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel`s overseas acquisition plans are still on hold, its chief executive said on Thursday.
"No change," Manoj Kohli said when asked if the telecoms firm had rethought its overseas expansion plans.
Bharti recently called off the USD 23-billion merger deal with the South African giant MTN.
Sunil Mittal-led Bharti called off discussions with MTN citing the South African government`s rejection of the proposed merger structure, which would have created the world`s third largest telecom company with combined revenues of over USD 20 billion annually and a subscriber base of over 200 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter