Forex reserves up at USD 287.37 bn
Mumbai: India`s foreign exchange reserves
rose by USD 651 million for the week ended December 4 to USD
287.374 billion from USD 286.723 billion in the previous week.
The foreign currency assets (FCAs), during the week,
slipped to USD 262.427 billion as compared to USD 262.449
billion in the week-ago period, the RBI said in its weekly
FCAs, expressed in the US dollar terms, include the
effect of appreciation or depreciation of non-US currencies
such as Euro, Sterling, Japanese Yen held in reserves, the RBI
Gold reserves, during the period under review, jumped to
USD 18.182 billion this week as against USD 17.5 billion in
the last week, while the special drawing rights (SDRs)
declined to USD 5.303 billion from USD 5.310 billion in the
week ago period, the RBI said.
The country`s reserve position in the International
Monetary Fund declined slightly to USD 1.462 billion during
the period, the RBI said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!