Former FIFA referee Benjamin suspended
Panaji: GFA`s Vice Chairman of Referees
Committee, Benjamin D`Silva has been placed under suspension
for all official GFA related activities till the panel reviews
The decision to suspend the former FIFA assistant referee
was taken at the executive committee meeting of GFA which met
yesterday under the presidentship of Shrinivas V Dempo,
following of the report of the panel led by Shrinivas Dempo,
Lavinio Rebello and Sanjiv Nagvekar, which examined the
alleged birth date forgery complaint lodged against the former
"Benjamin admitted the guilt and he was found on the
wrong side of the law," disclosed Dempo.
The GFA exonerated Executive Committee member Benjamin
D`Silva as there was no proof that he had had connived with
the former referee in the matter on producing the school
leaving certificate from his local school.
The original certificate of the former referee showed his
name as Benjamin Inacio Constancio Silva with the birth date
as December 8, 1961. He got another certificate issued in 2002
showing his name as Benjamin Silva with the birth date as
January 31, 1966.
The name of the father and mother were the same in both
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical