Fossilized ancient rabbit skull
Beijing: A fossilized skull of an ancient rabbit believed to be about 54 million years old was put on display here for visitors to mark the Chinese lunar year of rabbit.
Visitors can view the miniature skull through a magnifying glass. The rabbit is part of a special exhibition at the Paleozoological Museum of China in Beijing, China Daily reported.
The fossilized skull, named Dawsonlagus antiquus rabbit, was discovered in 2007 in Eren Basin in China`s northwestern Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. It was put on display on Saturday.
Archaeologists believe that it is the oldest fossilized remain of the species. It shows two pairs of upper front teeth and one pair of lower front teeth.
The expo is being organized to educate the public about the origin and evolution of the species.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!