Four Indian sailors to take part in Radial World Championship
Panaji: The Scottish Sailing Institute at Largs Sailing Club will play host to nearly 600 of the world`s best sailors from 58 different countries at the 2010 Radial World Championship between July 6 and 25.
There are 120 entries in both the Men`s and Women`s Championships.
India has fielded four entries of which two is in the international Men`s class and two in the Women`s class, Lt Col Anil Das said in a release.
Ajay Rau and Rajesh Choudhary are seasoned campaigners at this level and will be hoping to get a good finish at the Men`s Championship.
Ajay`s best overall position at the World Championship was India`s best result ever, finishing 15th in Japan.
Rajesh`s best overall position was 22nd at the 2006 World Championships in USA.
Rohini Rau and Mrinalini Santhanam are currently the best women sailors in the country. Rohini is an experienced campaigner at this level while Mrinalini is relatively new, Das said.
Rohini`s best result at a World Championship was in Japan, 2008, finishing 23rd in the silver fleet. While Mrinalini`s best result was 39th at the 2008 Volvo Youth World Championship held in Denmark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!