Four more athletes flunk dope tests in National Games
New Delhi: Four more athletes on Friday tested positive for banned substances, taking the total number of
dope flunk cases in the recently concluded National Games in
Jharkhand to 13.
NADA Director General Rahul Bhatnagar told PTI that the
`A` urine samples of two boxers, one wrestler and one
equestrian player have returned positive in the results
"The two boxers tested positive for stimulant
methylhexaneamine. It was a steroid in case of the wrestler
and sabutamol-beta-2 in case of the equestrian player," he
After today`s four positive results, the number of dope
cases has risen to 13. Three are from athletics, two each from
rowing, boxing and equestrian, and one each from taekwondo,
basketball, cycling and wrestling.
A total of 308 samples was taken during the February
12-26 National Games and Bhatnagar had yesterday announced
that nine athletes had tested positive for banned substances
from the 200 results which have come after being tested at
National Dope Testing Laboratory.
"Today, the results of nearly 100 samples have come and
four more tested positive. Only 10-15 samples remain to be
tested," Bhatnagar said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony