Four Tehreek-e-Taliban militants arrested in Pakis
Karachi: Four militants belonging to the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban have been arrested by authorities in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi.
They were arrested during a raid in Sultanabad area which is heavily populated by Pushtun speaking people many of whom have migrated from northern areas after the military operation began against militants few years back, CID SSP Chaudhary Aslam said.
Aslam said they were involved in several crimes in the city including kidnapping for ransom and bank robberies.
Police suspect that key activists of the TTP who fled from Swat and other northern areas when the military operation started have taken refuge in Pakistan`s biggest city which has a large number of illegal immigrants and migrants from other provinces.
Besides sectarian and ethnic issues police also blame the presence of militants in the city for the ongoing violence in Karachi.
According to a report in the `Daily Dawn`, around 80 policemen have also been killed in the violence in the city this year including 37 from just the West zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati
- New compound may help fight epilepsy
- 'Jethalal' promotes Varun Dhawan starrer 'Dishoom' by flaunting his unique swag! Watch video
- BIZARRE! Panchayat slaps Rs 5 lakh fine on Haryana school after Eid celebration
- Twinkle Khanna slams Naseeruddin Shah online! - Know why