Four Tehreek-e-Taliban militants arrested in Pakis
Karachi: Four militants belonging to the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban have been arrested by authorities in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi.
They were arrested during a raid in Sultanabad area which is heavily populated by Pushtun speaking people many of whom have migrated from northern areas after the military operation began against militants few years back, CID SSP Chaudhary Aslam said.
Aslam said they were involved in several crimes in the city including kidnapping for ransom and bank robberies.
Police suspect that key activists of the TTP who fled from Swat and other northern areas when the military operation started have taken refuge in Pakistan`s biggest city which has a large number of illegal immigrants and migrants from other provinces.
Besides sectarian and ethnic issues police also blame the presence of militants in the city for the ongoing violence in Karachi.
According to a report in the `Daily Dawn`, around 80 policemen have also been killed in the violence in the city this year including 37 from just the West zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!