Four Tehreek-e-Taliban militants arrested in Pakis
Karachi: Four militants belonging to the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban have been arrested by authorities in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi.
They were arrested during a raid in Sultanabad area which is heavily populated by Pushtun speaking people many of whom have migrated from northern areas after the military operation began against militants few years back, CID SSP Chaudhary Aslam said.
Aslam said they were involved in several crimes in the city including kidnapping for ransom and bank robberies.
Police suspect that key activists of the TTP who fled from Swat and other northern areas when the military operation started have taken refuge in Pakistan`s biggest city which has a large number of illegal immigrants and migrants from other provinces.
Besides sectarian and ethnic issues police also blame the presence of militants in the city for the ongoing violence in Karachi.
According to a report in the `Daily Dawn`, around 80 policemen have also been killed in the violence in the city this year including 37 from just the West zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family