France drop Huget for doping control violations
Marcoussis: Winger Yoann Huget has been dropped from the France World Cup squad for failing to meet doping control obligations, the French Rugby Federation said Thursday.
France, who are at a training camp preparing for next month`s World Cup, did not want to take any risks by keeping Huget in the squad.
He is accused of three breaches of the rules governing his whereabouts for doping checks.
The surprise announcement was made to reporters by French Rugby Federation President Pierre Camou.
The World Cup will be held from September 9 to October 23 in New Zealand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad