Free laptops for class XII govt. school toppers
Puducherry: Students of government schools
who secure 75 per cent and above in the Plus Two public
examinations in Puducherry would get free laptops under a
scheme aimed at encouraging them to excell academically, Chief
Minister N Rangasamy said on Saturday.
Announcing this at the inauguration of a programme of
Directorate of Education here yesterday, also announced
hike in the annual cash prize to government schools in urban
areas producing 100 per cent pass in public examinations from
Rs one lakh to Rs two lakhs.
Similarly, rural schools producing 90 per cent and above
in pass percentage would also be provided the cash prize.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands