Free laptops for class XII govt. school toppers
Puducherry: Students of government schools
who secure 75 per cent and above in the Plus Two public
examinations in Puducherry would get free laptops under a
scheme aimed at encouraging them to excell academically, Chief
Minister N Rangasamy said on Saturday.
Announcing this at the inauguration of a programme of
Directorate of Education here yesterday, also announced
hike in the annual cash prize to government schools in urban
areas producing 100 per cent pass in public examinations from
Rs one lakh to Rs two lakhs.
Similarly, rural schools producing 90 per cent and above
in pass percentage would also be provided the cash prize.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill