Free laptops for class XII govt. school toppers
Puducherry: Students of government schools
who secure 75 per cent and above in the Plus Two public
examinations in Puducherry would get free laptops under a
scheme aimed at encouraging them to excell academically, Chief
Minister N Rangasamy said on Saturday.
Announcing this at the inauguration of a programme of
Directorate of Education here yesterday, also announced
hike in the annual cash prize to government schools in urban
areas producing 100 per cent pass in public examinations from
Rs one lakh to Rs two lakhs.
Similarly, rural schools producing 90 per cent and above
in pass percentage would also be provided the cash prize.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda