Free laptops for class XII govt. school toppers
Puducherry: Students of government schools
who secure 75 per cent and above in the Plus Two public
examinations in Puducherry would get free laptops under a
scheme aimed at encouraging them to excell academically, Chief
Minister N Rangasamy said on Saturday.
Announcing this at the inauguration of a programme of
Directorate of Education here yesterday, also announced
hike in the annual cash prize to government schools in urban
areas producing 100 per cent pass in public examinations from
Rs one lakh to Rs two lakhs.
Similarly, rural schools producing 90 per cent and above
in pass percentage would also be provided the cash prize.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details