Free laptops for SC students in Puducherry
Puducherry: Puducherry government has
announced grant of free laptops to Scheduled Castes students
pursuing B.E., B.Tech, M.Tech or MCA courses in government run
or privately managed professional colleges.
An official release said students would be eligible for the
free laptops only when they have joined the colleges under
government quota after selection by the Centralised Admission
It said the scheme has been brought into force from
2011-2012 academic year and students should be natives of
Puducherry either by birth or by continuous residence for a
period of not less than five years.
It said the annual parental income should not exceed Rs two
lakh. The purpose of providing free laptops to underprivileged
section of students is to assist them in doing their
professional courses without any hitch, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat