Free laptops for SC students in Puducherry
Puducherry: Puducherry government has
announced grant of free laptops to Scheduled Castes students
pursuing B.E., B.Tech, M.Tech or MCA courses in government run
or privately managed professional colleges.
An official release said students would be eligible for the
free laptops only when they have joined the colleges under
government quota after selection by the Centralised Admission
It said the scheme has been brought into force from
2011-2012 academic year and students should be natives of
Puducherry either by birth or by continuous residence for a
period of not less than five years.
It said the annual parental income should not exceed Rs two
lakh. The purpose of providing free laptops to underprivileged
section of students is to assist them in doing their
professional courses without any hitch, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Hillary Clinton would be Democratic nominee: Feinstein
- Israel media: Police recommend indicting Netanyahu's wife
- Watch video: Giant Gorilla shot and killed to save 4-year-old child!
- AAP MLA Jagdeep Singh arrested on assault charges, later released on bail
- Red Bull apologise to Daniel Ricciardo for pit-stop bungle at Monaco