Free laptops for SC students in Puducherry
Puducherry: Puducherry government has
announced grant of free laptops to Scheduled Castes students
pursuing B.E., B.Tech, M.Tech or MCA courses in government run
or privately managed professional colleges.
An official release said students would be eligible for the
free laptops only when they have joined the colleges under
government quota after selection by the Centralised Admission
It said the scheme has been brought into force from
2011-2012 academic year and students should be natives of
Puducherry either by birth or by continuous residence for a
period of not less than five years.
It said the annual parental income should not exceed Rs two
lakh. The purpose of providing free laptops to underprivileged
section of students is to assist them in doing their
professional courses without any hitch, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened