Free laptops for SC students in Puducherry
Puducherry: Puducherry government has
announced grant of free laptops to Scheduled Castes students
pursuing B.E., B.Tech, M.Tech or MCA courses in government run
or privately managed professional colleges.
An official release said students would be eligible for the
free laptops only when they have joined the colleges under
government quota after selection by the Centralised Admission
It said the scheme has been brought into force from
2011-2012 academic year and students should be natives of
Puducherry either by birth or by continuous residence for a
period of not less than five years.
It said the annual parental income should not exceed Rs two
lakh. The purpose of providing free laptops to underprivileged
section of students is to assist them in doing their
professional courses without any hitch, it said.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures