French institutions remain closed in Puducherry
Puducherry: The Office of the Consul General of France Friday remained closed here as a precautionary measure against possible protests following publication of cartoons of Prophet Mohammed in a French satirical weekly.
Official sources said institutions run by the French government here also remained closed following a circular from the French administration.
The closure of the institutions was part of the measures France had taken to close embassies, cultural centres and schools in 20 countries as a precautionary step against possible protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday