French institutions remain closed in Puducherry
Puducherry: The Office of the Consul General of France Friday remained closed here as a precautionary measure against possible protests following publication of cartoons of Prophet Mohammed in a French satirical weekly.
Official sources said institutions run by the French government here also remained closed following a circular from the French administration.
The closure of the institutions was part of the measures France had taken to close embassies, cultural centres and schools in 20 countries as a precautionary step against possible protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Kabir Khan shares pic of stunning location where Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will begin
- Israeli woman gang-raped in Manali, probe launched
- New protein gives new hope for Alzheimer's cure!
- Android users can now enjoy Prisma app!
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement