French institutions remain closed in Puducherry
Puducherry: The Office of the Consul General of France Friday remained closed here as a precautionary measure against possible protests following publication of cartoons of Prophet Mohammed in a French satirical weekly.
Official sources said institutions run by the French government here also remained closed following a circular from the French administration.
The closure of the institutions was part of the measures France had taken to close embassies, cultural centres and schools in 20 countries as a precautionary step against possible protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch