French Minister pays homage at War Memorial
Puducherry: French Minister of State for
Overseas French Nationals Edouard Courtial on Thursday paid homage
at the War Memorial maintained by the French Government in Puducherry.
Courtial, on a two-day visit to the former French colony,
paid homage to the statue of `Unknown Soldier` (Soldat
Inconnu) at the memorial, built by the French in honour of the
soldiers who lost their lives during the First World War.
The visiting Minister, who was accompanied by French
Ambassador to India Francois Richier and Consul General in
Puducherry Pierre Fournier, later addressed a meeting held on
the premises of `Foyer Du Soldat` (Society of former French
A two-minute silence was also observed in memory of the two
French nationals who were killed in the December 30 last Thane
cyclone that caused havoc in the Union Territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof