French Open: Clijsters proves fitness in first round win in Paris
Paris: World number two Kim Clijsters avoided any mishaps in a 6-2 6-3 win over Belarus`s Anastasiya Yakimova in the first round of the French Open on Tuesday.
The Belgian, who had been out for two months after a series of injuries including an ankle problem sustained while dancing at her cousin`s wedding, proved her fitness as she dismissed the world number 100 in 80 minutes.
Clijsters ended the contest on her fourth match point when Yakimova sent a forehand into the net.
She will next face Arantxa Rus of the Netherlands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!