French Open: Clijsters proves fitness in first round win in Paris
Paris: World number two Kim Clijsters avoided any mishaps in a 6-2 6-3 win over Belarus`s Anastasiya Yakimova in the first round of the French Open on Tuesday.
The Belgian, who had been out for two months after a series of injuries including an ankle problem sustained while dancing at her cousin`s wedding, proved her fitness as she dismissed the world number 100 in 80 minutes.
Clijsters ended the contest on her fourth match point when Yakimova sent a forehand into the net.
She will next face Arantxa Rus of the Netherlands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon