French Open: Clijsters proves fitness in first round win in Paris
Paris: World number two Kim Clijsters avoided any mishaps in a 6-2 6-3 win over Belarus`s Anastasiya Yakimova in the first round of the French Open on Tuesday.
The Belgian, who had been out for two months after a series of injuries including an ankle problem sustained while dancing at her cousin`s wedding, proved her fitness as she dismissed the world number 100 in 80 minutes.
Clijsters ended the contest on her fourth match point when Yakimova sent a forehand into the net.
She will next face Arantxa Rus of the Netherlands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack