French Open: Clijsters proves fitness in first round win in Paris
Paris: World number two Kim Clijsters avoided any mishaps in a 6-2 6-3 win over Belarus`s Anastasiya Yakimova in the first round of the French Open on Tuesday.
The Belgian, who had been out for two months after a series of injuries including an ankle problem sustained while dancing at her cousin`s wedding, proved her fitness as she dismissed the world number 100 in 80 minutes.
Clijsters ended the contest on her fourth match point when Yakimova sent a forehand into the net.
She will next face Arantxa Rus of the Netherlands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez