From Aug 18, file I-T returns at a Corp Bank ATM near you
Mumbai: Aimed at retail assesses, state-owned Corporation Bank will offer income tax returns filing facility through its 1000-plus strong ATM network spread across the country, a top company official said.
"We are offering a service for filing of Income Tax (I-T) returns for Corporation Bank debit card holders through our network of 1,000 plus ATMs in the country. The facility will commence from August 18," Corporation Bank Chairman and Managing Director J M Garg said.
The Bank has received an approval from the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) for this `first-of-its-kind facility` in the country.
"The idea behind this is to make income tax payment easier for the individual tax payer. It will also reduce dependence of our customers on CAs and income tax consultants," Garg said.
"It (payment of income tax through ATMs) will improve tax compliance," he added.
The Bank`s debit card holders would also be able to pay education cess, surcharges and advance tax through ATMs.
"Unlike corporates, who have to mandatory pay I-T returns online, retail assesses prefer paying physically. We want to cater these retail assesses, who account for around 65% of all income tax payers," Corporation Bank General Manager (New In itiatives) B R Bhat said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview