‘Frustrated’ Hamilton in for better F1 options
London: Formula One racing driver Lewis Hamilton, frustrated at driving an uncompetitive car for a third consecutive season, could be competing in his last British Grand Prix for McLaren next weekend.
The 26-year-old has a break clause in his 75 million contract that allows him to leave McLaren in December --12 months before the end of his five-year deal -- unless he is world champion or the team win this season’s constructors’ championship.
He is currently 89 points behind Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel in the points’ table.
“It would massively suck if I only won one world title – massively suck. It would feel like a waste of so many years. A lot of people say it’s just about participating, but it’s not,” a leading daily quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“Second feels less devastating, but third, fourth is not good. You will always ask questions and look at all options and think: Is there anything better you can do?” he added.
Hamilton managed a fourth-placed finish at last Sunday’s European Grand Prix in Valencia, while Vettel continued his perfect start to the season by winning from pole position.
Vettel is now 77 points clear - virtually the equivalent of three race wins - of second placed Mark Webber and Jenson Button in the points’ table.
Hamilton had scored his first title success three seasons ago having almost become world champion in his rookie year of 2007. Since then, the 26-year-old has found the going rather tougher.
He finished fifth in the 2009 drivers’ championship after McLaren overcame a difficult start to the season and was fourth in the standings last year, despite remaining a title challenger until the final race.
There are rumours that he could move on if he does not regain his crown this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon