Furious Dhoni indicates major team overhaul
Centurion: A day after Team India were humbled by Pakistan in the most anticipated match of the Champions Trophy, Team India’s skipper MS Dhoni slammed his bowlers for the poor show against Pak and indicated major overhaul in the bowling department.
Without mincing words, Dhoni talked tough and straight when he said; “Frankly speaking, I was thinking in the middle that it was one of those days in which we fell short by three or four bowlers. Thankfully, Ashish Nehra and Yusuf Pathan did their job."
Dhoni also indicated some major changes in the line up against Australia’s do or die encounter. A defeat against Aussies would mean Team India take early flight back home.
Indian skipper made it clear that Team India would go with five bowlers and that throws an opportunity for the likes of leg spinner Amit Mishra and Praveen Kumar.
Reports indicated that RP Singh, who has leaked runs against Pak, would make way for Praveen Kumar.
"It sure gets tough with the batsmen if you play an extra bowler," Dhoni said, "But then it`s one and the same thing if bowlers go for major runs. It again brings the pressure on batsmen. So in this case the batsmen would have to take responsibility," Team India’s captain cool said visibly looking not so cool.
However MSD refused to divulge any details on who will get the axe against Kangaroos but if the team think tank really decides to go with another spinner then it would definitely put some extra pressure on the top five batsmen.
"It sure gets tough with the batsmen if you play an extra bowler but then it`s one and the same thing if bowlers go for major runs. It again brings the pressure on batsmen. So in
this case the batsmen would have to take responsibility," Dhoni said on the eve of the crucial match.
The plan if followed, would mean a toss between Amit Mishra and Abhishek Nayar, but who will be the lucky guy, one needs to wait and watch this space.
Dhoni on selection
Indian skipper was also critical on Team selection as he said, “Yusuf Pathan had has loads of talent and he has been dominating at the domestic and IPL level but somehow has not translated his performance in international level.”
“That is a worry,” skipper added clearly hinting unhappiness on the team selection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth