Furious Dhoni indicates major team overhaul
Centurion: A day after Team India were humbled by Pakistan in the most anticipated match of the Champions Trophy, Team India’s skipper MS Dhoni slammed his bowlers for the poor show against Pak and indicated major overhaul in the bowling department.
Without mincing words, Dhoni talked tough and straight when he said; “Frankly speaking, I was thinking in the middle that it was one of those days in which we fell short by three or four bowlers. Thankfully, Ashish Nehra and Yusuf Pathan did their job."
Dhoni also indicated some major changes in the line up against Australia’s do or die encounter. A defeat against Aussies would mean Team India take early flight back home.
Indian skipper made it clear that Team India would go with five bowlers and that throws an opportunity for the likes of leg spinner Amit Mishra and Praveen Kumar.
Reports indicated that RP Singh, who has leaked runs against Pak, would make way for Praveen Kumar.
"It sure gets tough with the batsmen if you play an extra bowler," Dhoni said, "But then it`s one and the same thing if bowlers go for major runs. It again brings the pressure on batsmen. So in this case the batsmen would have to take responsibility," Team India’s captain cool said visibly looking not so cool.
However MSD refused to divulge any details on who will get the axe against Kangaroos but if the team think tank really decides to go with another spinner then it would definitely put some extra pressure on the top five batsmen.
"It sure gets tough with the batsmen if you play an extra bowler but then it`s one and the same thing if bowlers go for major runs. It again brings the pressure on batsmen. So in
this case the batsmen would have to take responsibility," Dhoni said on the eve of the crucial match.
The plan if followed, would mean a toss between Amit Mishra and Abhishek Nayar, but who will be the lucky guy, one needs to wait and watch this space.
Dhoni on selection
Indian skipper was also critical on Team selection as he said, “Yusuf Pathan had has loads of talent and he has been dominating at the domestic and IPL level but somehow has not translated his performance in international level.”
“That is a worry,” skipper added clearly hinting unhappiness on the team selection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why