Gambhir, Nehra`s Lanka trip irks BCCI
New Delhi: The Cricket Board has issued a show cause notice to Delhi Daredevils team management for sending its captain Gautam Gambhir and pacer Ashish Nehra to Sri Lanka for ayurvedic treatment of their injuries without BCCI`s prior permission.
BCCI sources said the Board was unhappy that the two players had gone to Sri Lanka without keeping it in the loop.
"The BCCI felt the players should have informed the board before going to Sri Lanka for their treatment. The board has warned the two players and had also sent show cause notices to the team management," the source said.
Gambhir pulled a hamstring in Daredevils` match against Kings XI Punjab and in the next match here against Mumbai Indians on March 17 he left the field in the second over of the match. He had not played after that.
Left-arm pacer Nehra injured his rib cage during practice before the Mohali match and he had not played any match after that.
Gambhir has a grade A contract worth Rs 60 lakh with the BCCI while Nehra has a grade B contract which carries Rs 40 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video