Gambhir, Nehra`s Lanka trip irks BCCI
New Delhi: The Cricket Board has issued a show cause notice to Delhi Daredevils team management for sending its captain Gautam Gambhir and pacer Ashish Nehra to Sri Lanka for ayurvedic treatment of their injuries without BCCI`s prior permission.
BCCI sources said the Board was unhappy that the two players had gone to Sri Lanka without keeping it in the loop.
"The BCCI felt the players should have informed the board before going to Sri Lanka for their treatment. The board has warned the two players and had also sent show cause notices to the team management," the source said.
Gambhir pulled a hamstring in Daredevils` match against Kings XI Punjab and in the next match here against Mumbai Indians on March 17 he left the field in the second over of the match. He had not played after that.
Left-arm pacer Nehra injured his rib cage during practice before the Mohali match and he had not played any match after that.
Gambhir has a grade A contract worth Rs 60 lakh with the BCCI while Nehra has a grade B contract which carries Rs 40 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers