Gangjee, Chopra miss out on Nationwide
Greenville (US): Two late bogeys cost Rahil Gangjee dearly as he missed the cut in the BMW Charity Pro-Am golf on the Nationwide Tour.
Gangjee, who had rounds of 67 and 70 shot 72 in the third round to finish at six-under.
Also missing the cut was Daniel Chopra, who returned an identical card of 72.
The event is being played on three courses and Gangjee played the Bright`s Creek Golf Club.
Gangjee had birdies on first and fifth, but bogeys on second and sixth saw him turn in even par. On the back nine, he birdied the 11th and 13th at which point he was well on way to ensuring a weekend berth.
But bogeys on 15th and 16th put paid to his hopes and he crashed out with a 72 in tied 61st place as top-60 made the cut.
Travis Hampshire, who opened with a 12-under 60 on Thursday at The Carolina Country Club, posted a score that was 10 strokes higher on Saturday.
But Hampshire is still in sole possession of the lead after scratching out a 2-under-par 70, giving him a one-stroke lead over South Korea`s Sunghoon Kang through three rounds.
The tournament is spread out over three courses in the Greenville-Spartanburg area, and both Hampshire and Kang completed their rotations today at Bright`s Creek Golf Club near Spring Mill, N.C. The event pairs Nationwide Tour pros with amateurs and celebrities in a better-ball format.
The other two courses were par-71 Thornblade and par-72 Carolina Country Club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery