Gangjee makes cut on Nationwide tournament
Greenville: An eagle and two birdies saw Rahil Gangjee tied 37th at six-under 136 after two rounds of 67 and 70 at the BMW Charity Pro-Am on the Nationwide tournament.
Also tied at 37th was Daniel Chopra with rounds 68 and 69.
Gangjee, who qualified for the Nationwide Tour earlier this year, started with a birdie on 10th and but bogeyed the 11th, double bogeyed the 12th and again bogeyed the 13th to put himself in a lot of trouble.
Two birdies on 15th and 16th seemed to reduce the stress, but it returned with bogeys on 17th and 18th at which point he was on danger of missing the cut.
However, an eagle on fifth followed by birdies sixth and ninth saw him finish with a four-under 31 on second nine and a total of 70 for the day.
Greg Owen led the field with rounds of 65 and 63 and he was followed by John Hampshire (60-68).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list