Gangjee misses cut in Nationwide golf tourney
Valdista: Indian golfer Rahil Gangjee carded a disappointing two-over 73 in the second round to miss his third cut in four starts, at the Nationwide Tour`s South Georgia Classic here.
Gangjee opened his second round with a birdie but three bogeys after that - one on front nine and two on back nine, -- spoiled his chances despite another birdie on 17th.
His 73 could not make up for his first-round 77.
This was Gangjee`s third missed cut in four starts. The best being a tied 30th in Panama Championships.
At the 7,781-yard, par-72 Kinderlou Forest Golf Club, the Nationwide Tour`s longest course, Michael Letzig, Matthew Goggin and Jon Mills are tied for the lead at six-under. Letzig collected seven birdies through 17 holes while Goggin has yet to start his second round. The trio is one stroke ahead of 10 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm