Gangjee shoots best card of the week
Springfield: Rahil Gangjee fired a string of birdies on the front nine, including four in first seven holes, to turn in a brilliant five-under 67 in the final round of the Price Cutter Charity Championship.
His best card of the week helped Gangjee to surge 21 places up the leaderboard and finish tied 32nd from overnight 51st.
His earlier rounds were 70, 68 and 71 and his total was 12-under 276.
Gangjee, playing in his rookie year, is still way off the top-25 on the Money List who will make the PGA Tour next year.
With USD 28,672 he is 99th.
Daniel Chopra, who missed the cut this week, but won once earlier in the year is 13th on the Money List.
Steve Freisen, who got into the tournament late, won the event with an eight-under 64 in Sunday`s final round and grab his first career title.
Friesen birdied four of the final five holes, including the last three, for a 26-under 262 total which was five shots better than the second placed Australian Gavin Coles (66).
Paul Claxton (66), Cliff Kresge (67), Ted Potter Jr (67), Josh Broadway (69) and third-round co-leader Travis Hampshire (70) shared third place, six shots behind the winner.
Tied 49th at last week`s Cox Classic in Omaha, Friesen earned USD 112,500 he is now No. 23 on the money list.
The 25 leading money winners at the end of the year will earn PGA Tour cards for 2012.
Friesen carded a 10-under 62 in the opening round to take the first-round lead by two strokes and then 68-68 left him at 18-under and sharing the lead with Hampshire.
His final round card had eight birdies and needed only 24 putts and his only bogey of the week came on his back nine in round two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender