Gas row: Anil Ambani accepts SC verdict, rules out review petition
New Delhi: Reliance-Ani Dhirubhai Ambani Group (R-ADAG) chairman Anil Ambani Friday said he accepted the Supreme Court verdict that rejected cheap gas to group firm RNRL from Mukesh Ambani-led RIL, and ruled out filing review petition against the judgement.
“We respect the judgement of the Supreme; we note that SC has safeguarded interest of over 25 lakh RNRL shareholders by giving guidelines for gas supply agreement,” Anil Ambani said in a conference call hours after the apex court delivered its verdict over the four-year long gas row between the billionaire brothers.
"RNRL looks forward to an expeditious and successful renegotiation with RIL within the stipulated period of six weeks to secure gas supply for the group`s power plants in line with the Supreme Court order," Ambani said.
In the dispute, where RNRL sought gas at a concessional price of USD 2.34 per mmBtu as against the government approved USD 4.20 per mmBtu, the Supreme Court said the government has the last word on pricing and usage.
It also asked RIL and RNRL to renegotiate gas supply terms within six weeks.
"RNRL has currently no plans to file a review petition in the Supreme Court," Ambani said.
Anil Ambani, who left the court without taking any questions from reporters after the judgement was pronounced, said the court has safeguarded the interests of 25 lakh shareholders of RNRL by issuing guidelines for expeditious finalisation of gas supply agreement.
"By a majority judgement, the Supreme Court has upheld RNRL`s case that the company petition filed by RNRL as maintainable and has upheld the powers of the court to modify the scheme and make it workable," he said.
Ambani said the apex court has also acknowledged that the June 18, 2005 MoU was basis for the business reorganisation of RIL.
"The court has also directed that suitable arrangements for gas supply should not only be suitable to RIL but also the shareholders of RNRL, whose interests have to be fully protected," he said.
RNRL is seeking 28 mmscmd of gas from RIL`s KG-D6 fields for group firm Reliance Power`s proposed power plant in Dadri, Uttar Pradesh.
Anil Ambani further said Reliance Power, a R-ADAG company, is committed to emerging as the largest power producer in the country.
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt