Gates took credit for my ideas: Paul Allen
London: Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen has described his bizarre working relationship with Chairman Bill Gates, and claims it was him, not Gates, who had visionary ideas for the company.
Allen, in his autobiography titled ‘Idea Man’, has claimed that Gates took credit for his innovative ideas.
According to Allen it was he was who came up with the groundbreaking idea that they could write a BASIC software that would unlock the holy grail of the personal computer – to make computers cheap and user-friendly.
He claims Gates at first tried to reject the idea, insisting on waiting until more powerful hardware came on the market.
Later, it was Allen, not Gates, who created the SoftCard, allowing a popular operating system to be run on Apple computers.
Allen also claims that he is the one, not Gates, who came up with the name Microsoft, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Allen said he would come up with great innovations that Gates would make happen.
"During the founding the first eight, years my ideas were definitely key to the company. Bill would test my ideas. I would come to him with another ten ideas that never went anywhere - he was the sanity check on the flow of ideas,” said Allen.
“When it came to selling and marketing and staffing and all those kinds of things, he was much more excited on the business side, so we became very complementary," he added.
In some of the US reviews of Idea Man, critics have accused Allen of being driven by bitterness.
But Allen claims that his book is not at all bitter or any form of revenge against Gates.
"I don`t think the book is bitter at all. I think it`s a direct telling of what happened, and tries to give you a real feel of the personalities involved," said Allen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister