Gaurav Pratap Singh takes 2 stroke lead
Noida: Local favourite Gaurav Pratap Singh fired his second successive two-under 70 at his home course to grab the second round lead at the ONGC Masters golf tournament here today.
Gaurav now heads into the third round with a two-stroke
advantage at four-under 140, followed by Randhir Singh Ghotra,
Toran Bikram Shahi and round one leader Arjun Singh Chaudhri
who share the second spot at two-under 142.
In all, 55 professional made the cut which was set at
One-under at the turn, 25-year-old Gaurav dropped his
second bogey of the day on the 10th and signed off in a
similar fashion but birdies on the 12th, 14th and 16th meant
he still finished at the top.
"I`ve been striking the ball really well over last few
months but somehow I have not been able to shoot very low
numbers. In today`s round, I hit it well once again and also
hit it quite close and therefore was rewarded with a good
score," said an elated Gaurav, who is currently 35th on the
Aircel-PGTI Order of Merit, having posted four top-10s in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note