Gaurav Pratap Singh takes 2 stroke lead
Noida: Local favourite Gaurav Pratap Singh fired his second successive two-under 70 at his home course to grab the second round lead at the ONGC Masters golf tournament here today.
Gaurav now heads into the third round with a two-stroke
advantage at four-under 140, followed by Randhir Singh Ghotra,
Toran Bikram Shahi and round one leader Arjun Singh Chaudhri
who share the second spot at two-under 142.
In all, 55 professional made the cut which was set at
One-under at the turn, 25-year-old Gaurav dropped his
second bogey of the day on the 10th and signed off in a
similar fashion but birdies on the 12th, 14th and 16th meant
he still finished at the top.
"I`ve been striking the ball really well over last few
months but somehow I have not been able to shoot very low
numbers. In today`s round, I hit it well once again and also
hit it quite close and therefore was rewarded with a good
score," said an elated Gaurav, who is currently 35th on the
Aircel-PGTI Order of Merit, having posted four top-10s in the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview