Gaurav shoots 67 to lead day 1 of Race to Ireland
Greater Noida : Gaurav Pratap Singh fired a five-under 67 to lead after round one of the PGTI`s LG Race to Ireland golf tournament here on Wednesday .
Gurki Shergill, Arjun Singh, Vikrant Chopra and Amandeep Johl are one stroke off the lead in tied second.
Gaurav made a brilliant start to the week with a round of 67 that featured seven birdies and two bogeys.
Gaurav made birdies on the fourth, fifth, eighth, 11th, 13th, 14th, 17th and dropped bogeys on the 10th and 15th.
"I putted really well today as I converted two 40 footers for birdies on the eighth and 17th. I also sank a couple of birdie putts from 25 feet. I just hope to continue this form
over the next two days," he said.
Gurki, Arjun, Vikrant and Amandeep share second place at four-under 68.
Vivek Bhandari, Raj Randhawa, Manav Jaini, Abhishek Jha, Rafick Ali Mollah, Mukesh Kumar and R Murthy are a further stroke behind in tied sixth place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air