Gaurav shoots 67 to lead day 1 of Race to Ireland
Greater Noida : Gaurav Pratap Singh fired a five-under 67 to lead after round one of the PGTI`s LG Race to Ireland golf tournament here on Wednesday .
Gurki Shergill, Arjun Singh, Vikrant Chopra and Amandeep Johl are one stroke off the lead in tied second.
Gaurav made a brilliant start to the week with a round of 67 that featured seven birdies and two bogeys.
Gaurav made birdies on the fourth, fifth, eighth, 11th, 13th, 14th, 17th and dropped bogeys on the 10th and 15th.
"I putted really well today as I converted two 40 footers for birdies on the eighth and 17th. I also sank a couple of birdie putts from 25 feet. I just hope to continue this form
over the next two days," he said.
Gurki, Arjun, Vikrant and Amandeep share second place at four-under 68.
Vivek Bhandari, Raj Randhawa, Manav Jaini, Abhishek Jha, Rafick Ali Mollah, Mukesh Kumar and R Murthy are a further stroke behind in tied sixth place.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'