Gaurav shoots 67 to lead day 1 of Race to Ireland
Greater Noida : Gaurav Pratap Singh fired a five-under 67 to lead after round one of the PGTI`s LG Race to Ireland golf tournament here on Wednesday .
Gurki Shergill, Arjun Singh, Vikrant Chopra and Amandeep Johl are one stroke off the lead in tied second.
Gaurav made a brilliant start to the week with a round of 67 that featured seven birdies and two bogeys.
Gaurav made birdies on the fourth, fifth, eighth, 11th, 13th, 14th, 17th and dropped bogeys on the 10th and 15th.
"I putted really well today as I converted two 40 footers for birdies on the eighth and 17th. I also sank a couple of birdie putts from 25 feet. I just hope to continue this form
over the next two days," he said.
Gurki, Arjun, Vikrant and Amandeep share second place at four-under 68.
Vivek Bhandari, Raj Randhawa, Manav Jaini, Abhishek Jha, Rafick Ali Mollah, Mukesh Kumar and R Murthy are a further stroke behind in tied sixth place.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India