George W Bush `skips 9/11 NY event to keep low profile`
Dallas: Former first lady Laura Bush says her husband`s decision not to appear at ground zero with President Barack Obama after the death of Osama bin Laden is consistent with his desire to stay out of politics and the public eye.
Laura Bush said on Thursday that former president George W Bush "thinks that`s for President Obama to do at this point."
Speaking at a Dallas elementary school after announcing grants from her foundation for school libraries, Laura Bush said she and her husband were out to dinner when they received word that Obama wanted to speak with him. She said he went home to take the call.
Laura Bush says they both felt great pride for military and intelligence services after hearing the news.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state