Gerrard backs Suarez to outshine Tevez
London: Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has backed team-mate Luis Suarez to become the top South American player in the Premier League, and prove that he is a better striker than Carlos Tevez.
“Luis is a special player, he really is. He’s so good. His movement, his touch, his awareness and the way he takes his goals is fantastic,” a daily, quoted Gerrard as saying.
“It’s natural you are going to compare him to Tevez because of his build, his shape and the way he plays. But I think he can go on to be even better,” he added.
Manchester City’s Argentine star Tevez had emerged as the outstanding overseas player in England last year after he scored 24 goals and led the team win the FA Cup and qualify for the Champions League.
Suarez was superb after joining Liverpool last season and was player of the tournament as Uruguay won the Copa America this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'