Gerrard can see end to Reds trophy drought
Liverpool: Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard believes the club`s wait for fresh silverware success could be about to end under Kenny Dalglish.
Anfield great Dalglish, widely regarded as Liverpool`s greatest player, returned for a second spell as manager last season after the club headed towards the relegation zone under Roy Hodgson and oversaw an upturn in the Merseysiders`s fortunes.
Liverpool`s last trophy was the 2006 FA Cup, which England midfielder Gerrard played a key role in bringing to Anfield and the local hero and one-club man, speaking to the Reds` official website, said Tuesday: "What I can say to the fans is that Liverpool will be back among the trophies sooner rather than later because we are moving in the right direction.
"We have got fantastic players, the structure of the club is healthy from top to bottom and when that is the case then the team won`t be too far away from winning."
Liverpool haven`t won the English title since 1990 and last season saw arch-rivals Manchester United break their domestic record of 19 Championships.
But Gerrard was confident Liverpool would add to their list of league titles.
"We will get the championship again. It`s difficult to say when because that adds a lot of pressure to the team."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details