Gerrard still a class act: Carragher
London: Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has warned critics not to write off club captain Steven Gerrard in spite of the fact that the latter has just returned from groin surgery in March.
Carragher stressed no one should think the 31-year-old midfielder will start to struggle at the highest level as age catches up with him.
``There`s still plenty more to come from Steven Gerrard,`` a daily quoted the centre-back veteran, as saying.
He added: ``He`s one of the best, if not the best, player to play in the Premier League over the past decade. When Stevie is back playing it will be like we`ve just signed a great new player. He`s still got four or five years ahead of him to play for Liverpool.``
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley